Photograph © Chris Allen, under this
Creative Commons Licence
Grid reference: TQ 698 987
OS sheet: 177 & 167
Postcode: CM4 9NE
In Mill Lane, off Mill Road, about half mile east of B1007 Chelmsford to Billericay road.
A brick tower mill with a boat-shaped cap, patent sails, fantail and three pairs of millstones.
The mill dates from about 1800 and has been restored to working order by Essex County Council.
Mills flour occasionally.
Opening times 2017
April to September, 2nd Sunday in each month, 14.00-17.00.
National Mills Weekend opening times 2017
May 14.00 - 17.00.
Gemma Clayton, Customer Liaison Officer,
Essex County Council, tel: 07740 901323, or 0333 013 8156.