Photograph © Oxyman and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Grid reference: TL 687 329
OS sheet: 167
Postcode: CM7 4NA
Up a short path off B1057 Haverhill Road, close to
the centre of Finchingfield.
The smallest post mill in Essex, dating from about 1756, with a roundhouse added in 1840.
Last used in the 1890s, and has a single pair of millstones and an all-wooden windshaft. Owned and restored
by Essex County Council.
Opening times 2017
April to September, 3rd Sunday in
each month, 14.00-17.00. Parties by arrangement.
National Mills Weekend opening times 2017
14th May only, 14.00-17.00.
Gemma Clayton, Customer Liaison Officer,
Essex County Council, tel: 07740 901323. or 0333 013 8156.