Photograph © Jim Woodward-Nutt
Grid reference: SJ 992 225
OS sheet: 127
Postcode: ST17 0XB
Six miles E of Stafford off A 513, on the Shugborough Estate. Follow signs from J13 of M6.
The mill was built in 1805 on an earlier site as part of Lord Anson's 'model
farm'. Restored to working order in 1988. An 18ft diameter breastshot waterwheel
drives two pairs of millstones. Daily demonstrations. Owned by the National
Opening times 2017
21st March to 4th November,
daily, 11.00-17.00. Booked parties at other times.
National Mills Weekend opening times 2017
Saturday and Sunday, 11.00-17.00.
Estate Office, tel. 01889 881388.