Photograph © Jim Woodward-Nutt
Grid reference: TL 896 787
OS sheet: 144
Postcode: IP24 2QP
On A1088 road, about 3 miles S of Thetford.
The watermill was built in the 1670s by Sir Samuel Morland for irrigation and grinding corn.
In 1731 it was redesigned by William Kent to resemble a church. In 1859 an iron waterwheel
was added by Charles Burrell, the traction engineers of Thetford. In 2000/2001 the Duke of
Grafton and English Heritage fully restored the wheel and the building. Euston Hall and Euston Church
are open simultaneously. Teas in the Euston Hall old kitchens.
Opening times 2017
Certain days each month 10.00 -
National Mills Weekend Opening Times
Estate administrator, tel. 01842 766366.