Home  

Photograph © Neil Olsen, under this Creative Commons Licence

 

Ifield Watermill, Crawley

Location
Grid reference: TQ 245 367
OS sheet: 187
Postcode: RH11 0PL
From A23 Crawley bypass, turn W to Gossops Green and take the 2nd on R, R again and then first L. Turn L at T-junction. Mill is mile on L, off Hyde Drive.

A 4-storey corn mill, built on the site of an earlier forge, destroyed in 1643. The present building dates from about 1817. Waterwheel drives one pair of stones.

Opening times 2017
Sundays April 9th, May 14th, June 18th, July 16th, August 20th & September 17th  14.30-17.00. (see also web site).  Parties by arrangement at other times.

National Mills Weekend opening times 2017
Sunday 14th May, 14.30-17.00.

Contact
Ted Henbery, tel. 01293 524447, or Helen Poole, tel. 01293 539088.

E-mail
office@crawleymuseums.org

Web site
http://www.crawleymuseums.org/watermill/