Grid reference: TL 572 067
OS sheet: 167
Postcode: CM5 0RY
From the roundabout on the A414 in the centre of Ongar, take B184 2 miles N to Fyfield.
Turn R at the Queens Head, then turn up private lane 150 yds on R.
A 3-storey watermill, built in 1784, with an 1890 Armfield turbine. Restored from the 1980s to date
to full working order with 2 pairs of millstones. Now again milling, but not for resale.
One open day in June, from 10.00-17.00. Otherwise by appointment. Parties welcome of up to 30 people.
National Mills Weekend opening times
Tel. 01277 899272.